Botanical History of Bishop’s Weed Seed Tea:
Bishop’s weed is a perennial branched plant which is naturally found in Egypt, Iran, and India. However, it has been cultivated in the U.S since many decades due to its antiseptic property and use as a preservative. Its seeds have been traditionally used for ailments such as indigestion, cholera, diarrhea, etc. Moreover, these seeds have a special importance in Ayurveda and Unani systems.
Key Benefits of Bishop’s Weed Seeds:
These seeds are used for healing irregular bowel movements and constipation. You can boil a couple of teaspoons in water if you are suffering from back pain and spasms.
Bishop’s weed seed tea
Bishop’s weed has been used as a spice in many cultures and some even find it good enough to cure digestive ailments and issues. They are also sometimes referred to as carom seeds and their anti-inflammatory property provides instant relief from the back pain.
You can also add fresh ginger juice and cardamom seeds to improve the taste and soothing effect of this royal tea. Some people prefer having it without milk and sugar especially for those who are allergic to lactose.
Here’s a simple way to make it:
Recipe name: Bishop’s tea
Servings – 2 cups of spice tea
Total time – 10 minutes
- Bishop’s seeds – 2 tablespoons
- Cardamom seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger juice – 1 tablespoon
- Milk – 2 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Sugar if required
- Boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan.
- Add Bishop’s seeds once the water starts to bubble. Add ginger juice and cardamom seeds to the simmering solution. You may even crush the cardamom seeds into a fine powder to enhance its flavor.
- Add milk and a little bit of sugar for improving its taste.
Your pain relieving spice tea is now ready to calm your back pain.
- It provides instant relief by calming your nerves and also reduces inflammation to a great extent.
- The inclusion of junk food, alcohol, caffeine, etc. causes contraction of muscles which creates uneasiness of muscles especially in your lower back. Drinking this tea will not only alleviate pain but will also relax the muscles to ease out any discomfort.
- People suffering from chronic back pain and spasms should avoid using sugar in any form of tea.
- Also, avoid junk food, smoking, drinking alcoholic beverages, and other foods that enhance the cortisol levels beyond its normal limits.
- A simple and nutritious diet is not only healthy for our body but it also plays a vital role in reducing the impact of back pain.
If you facing cramps and pain in your back then Bishop’s weed seed tea is an ideal option for you. These seeds are readily available in malls and grocery shops. Also, their inexpensive price makes them financially feasible for everyone.