Well, are you suffering from taut muscles, or having nagging low back pain or problem due to bulging discs or any spinal malfunctioning or even a hunch back then your answer is gravity boots which will help you deal with all of these problems.
These gravity boots are the safest tools that will help your body to hang upside down and reap the benefits of inversion therapy. These gravity boots have become very popular as an exercise tool not only for the fitness fanatic but are also known for their therapeutic benefits that help to solve problems of the spine and different types of discomfort in that region.
It has been around since the 1970s and is still being used.
- 1 How Do They Work?
- 2 Selecting The Best Gravity Boots:
- 3 Teeter Hang Ups EZ-Up Gravity Boots with Conversion Bar:
- 4 Tonyko Inversion Gravity Boots:
- 5 Teeter Hang Ups Gravity Boots: (Without Conversion bar)
- 6 Teeter EZ-Up gravity boots:
How Do They Work?
You can hook them on an exercise rack from which you can hang freely upside down with the help of your hands. This process is also known as inversion therapy as it can solve many health-related problems ranging from bad posture or any chronic backaches or vertebral problems.
Selecting The Best Gravity Boots:
The process of choosing the best gravity boots needs some market study. One is sure at a loss as to which pair is the best option as we all want the maximum value for the money spent.
You would surely be looking for that ideal pair of gravity boots which are comfortable and at the same time can help you relieve the low back problem or any other discomfort in the spine.
While looking for that perfect pair of gravity boots, we should keep in mind the following criteria:
- The most important thing to know is that the shoes should possess the right amount of padding so that our ankles do not get hurt while undergoing inversion therapy. Hanging the body upside down is by no means a natural process. Therefore we should take utmost care in planning every move properly so that the task becomes easy and the body is comfortable in that position. Therefore before making the final decision check once again whether the boots have the right type of cushioning, at least 5/8 the inches of soft padding is required, as this will help the feet and ankles to be in the right position thus keeping the body in a comfortable state during the process.
- Do not forget to check the safety ratings. The safety rating is done to ensure that wearing the gravity boots is quite safe. These boots should be a UL certified. Some of the supermodels, like the ones manufactured by Teeter, are even FDA approved, which means that you are in safe hands while hanging upside down during inversion.
- Another important point is to check whether the boots are capable of handling the weight of the body. A not so sturdy variety may not be able to withstand the body weight, in which case you might topple over while you try to hang freely upside down. Most of the gravity boots can hold up to 300 pounds of weight. However, it is advisable that you take your time and make sure that the shoes can withstand your body weight before you decide on the right pair.
- Take note of all the safety features that should be there when you decide on the pair of boots you would like to purchase. A couple of good quality gravity boots must have an auto-locking technique. These boots should also possess squeak fewer hinges and should be made of such steel parts that can withstand regular wear and tear. Therefore you should check to see which pair gives you the maximum security. Take note of the durability too. The strength also depends upon the material used to manufacture these boots. For example, the Teeter boots are made of high-quality DuPont Hytrel which ensures versatility and durability. Therefore choose wisely, as you can get the maximum return on the amount spent if the boots last for a longer time.
- The boots should be suitable for any device, like racks or tables or handlebars. Thus they should be versatile so that there can be maximum utilization. Try them on before you purchase so that you can see whether your feet and ankles snuggly fits into it and there is no space for movement.
- Read reviews carefully to get an idea of how they work or how effective they are. Try to get to know the opinions of previous customers. Go through the pros and cons carefully. Select a pair that fits your budget after taking note of all the points mentioned above.
So let us check some of the best gravity boots that are available in the market and know why they are so much in demand. These are some of the best varieties of gravity boots that range from the cheaper ones to the most expensive ones.
Teeter Hang Ups EZ-Up Gravity Boots with Conversion Bar:
- Has an adapter kit that suits many Teeter Hang ups like the EP- 55O and 560 and the 560 Ltd,
- Fits well with a few F-series inversion tables too.
- Claims to provide excellent support to your ankle while you are safely inverted.
- The right choice for individuals who are heavily built.
- Super light in weight, only 2.5 pounds.
- It has self-locking ratcheting buckles for extra protection.
- To reduce pressure on the knee joints there is provision for calf loops that are detachable.
- A CV bar is provided along with it so that you do not have to get your inversion table ready.
- Dupont Hytrel material that is quite hardy while being light on pressure points is used.
- Soft 5\8 inch liners are used to reduce decompression thus keeping the knees and ankles safe and secure while the body remains inverted.
Thumbs Up For The Following Reasons:
- The EZ- Up when used daily relieves the pressure that is created on the vertebrae.
- It also helps to keep the ligaments safe while keeping the blood flow smooth and comfortable.
- Improves the flexibility of the body and helps reduce fatigue.
- Besides helping in hanging upside down, these gravity boots also supports other types of exercises that can be done while inverted, like sit-ups and squats or crunches.
- As they are very light, your feet will feel comfortable while you are inverted.
The product is so well made that it can last for many years in spite of daily use.
Tonyko Inversion Gravity Boots:
- It can hold 150 kgs.
- Has comfortable padding on all sides that helps in a perfect fit while ensuring that the ankles do not hurt while the body remains inverted.
- The hoots and the buckles are so sturdy that your feet remain secure and in place during inversion.
- You can pair a chin-up bar of diameter ranging from 1 to 1 and\2 with the Tonyko for better results.
- It has intergraded safety levers and exact locking mechanism that will help in a comfortable and smooth inversion experience.
- Beginners can use Tonyko as they will need some help while starting on inversion therapy.
- The Toyko is the cheapest among all the varieties.
- It is very versatile, comfortably worn, and helps to make you feel very refreshed when you undergo the inversion therapy after you are worn out from fatigue due to different exercises.
- These are single size boots to fit everybody.
- For those who have thin legs then you have to go for extra padding so that it fits well.
- Though everybody can use the product, it is best for the beginners.
The Tonyko is highly durable as it is made of high-quality stainless steel that is extra strong.
Teeter Hang Ups Gravity Boots: (Without Conversion bar)
- Another variety from the Teeter house, these boots are very light. These can be easily carried to the gym or on racks, on bars and inversion tables too.
- Your ankles can be safe and comfortable as it will be cushioned on thick foam padding liners.
- For a customized fit, there are ratchet buckles which are of self-locking technique.
- The calf loops, when placed behind the knees, can take care of the extra pressure that is created on the feet and the knees.
Like other Teeter boots, this is also made of DuPont Hytrel which gives it flexibility.
Some plus points:
- These are very light, about two pounds,
- Very portable and can be carried in the gym bag
- It can be used by beginners or the very experienced ones, to keep the body inverted for up to ten minutes at a stretch.
- You can do stretching, leg workouts, and even core strengthening while remaining inverted.
In spite of being so light in weight, these boots can go on for months. You can get value for money if you choose to buy these gravity boots.
Teeter EZ-Up gravity boots:
The Teeter EZ-Up GRAVITY boots help you to hang while being inverted comfortably so that you can feel the relief from back pain. This is the best version of Teeter gravity boots collection.
- There is soft foam lining on the inside to reduce the pressure.
- Ensures a very secure and safe fit with the help of dual self-locking buckles.
- It is one- size- fit- all boots.
- IT has adjustable straps to give a customized fit.
- There is an optional calf loop which helps in even distribution of weight and reduces the immense pressure that is created while you hang upside down.
- Ideal for heavily built individuals.
- These boots can go with any Teeter inversion bars, with EZ racks and inversion tables.
- The protective liners on the inside are capable of providing full support to the ankles during inversion therapy and are very safe when used with any other inversion equipment.
- Like all other Teeter boots, these are also made of DuPont Hytrel material as this helps to take care of the pressure points.
- It has one inch thick liners to reduce compression.
- There is also super light casing made of plastic that makes the product very reliable and the feet feel light and comfortable.
Some plus points of the Teeter EZ-Up Gravity boots;
- These boots are of an extra large size, so check the size before you buy one.
- It is manufactured in such a way that when you are wearing it for inversion, there is no extra pressure on the ligaments.
- You can feel the flexibility when you are using the product regularly.
- The gravity boots help to minimize fatigue, and you do not have to be tensed about falling.
These boots are from the house of Teeter, who are renowned for their gravity boots. They are unparalleled in quality and durable construction.
Now decide which pair is the best choice and make it apart of your daily fitness program. Now you can take care of your health by getting rid of the nagging problems of the spine. After going through all the information and the guidelines provided, you can choose the right pair of gravity boots that suit your needs. You can now spend the money on purchasing the perfect model from which you can get the maximum benefit of inversion therapy. There are several online sites available in the market; you can choose any product as per your requirement and the budget.
It should be noted that inversion therapy is not for those with high blood pressure or any other forms of heart disease. Pregnant women should also avoid going for this process. You should do these gravity workouts under strict guidance to avert an accident.
Now you can get set and go!